SolarKing was established on 4th September 2008 by Stephen Scully to satisfy both his Entrepreneurial skills and passion for renewable energy knowing that Solar would be at the forefront of the future of renewable energy. In the early years the business concentrated on the supply and installation of solar PV and solar thermal to private homes. Once established, Stephen gave his friend the opportunity to invest and become a partner in the business, Andrew admitted that he is too selfish to share and bought the business outright in May 2010.
Andrew Mikhail is our Managing Director and has since established other arms of the business to enable us to provide a variety of renewable energy and energy efficiency measures including solar PV, solar thermal, triple glazing for windows and doors, low energy lighting and other niche products including shower waste heat recovery products and air source heat pumps.
Stephen Scully still works within our commercial department as Product and Business Development Manager for Solar PV.
The business has seen highs during the highest feed-in tariff payments and lows when the feed in tariff payment was cut and has come through these as a strong, sound business providing services to private home owners, private landlords, social housing sector, various local authorities and blue chip organisations.
What we do
Solarking are dedicated to helping others become more energy efficient and to providing a quality and safe service to help deliver this. Solarking provide a full turnkey service including consult, design, procurement, supply, install, test, commission and registration for feed in tariff payments. We are also able to carry out all liaison with DNO’s, planning departments and structural engineers where required.
Solarking have been accredited to ISO9001:2008, are MCS accredited, NICEIC registered, RECC accredited and hold the SSIP CHAS accreditation.
SolarKing specialise in solar PV working on behalf of a wide range of Clients including private homeowners, private landlords, social housing sector and blue chip industrial Organisations. An example of recent clients include National Health Service, City West Housing Trust, Greater Manchester Council, Twin Valley Homes, Wigan and Leigh Housing and Redrow Homes.
We consult with our clients to ascertain their needs and their budget and work with them to ensure that what we deliver aligns with their requirements. Where clients have little experience of solar PV or would like their employees to become more aware we can provide training to help raise awareness.
We have an in-house design team who take the specification and the buildings and create their designs using the most up to date PV-Sol software. They are also trained to use CAD, REVIT and are qualified to Lighting Industry Standards for the purposes of LED Lighting designs.
We carry out work as the Principal Contractor or as a sub-contractor depending on the site and work being carried out. Personnel have a range of H&S qualifications including NEBOSH, SMSTS, SSSTS, IPAF and all other training required for delivering their work.
SolarKing have vast experience of working with Social Housing providers within homes, sheltered accommodation schemes and on high rise buildings. Our processes are aligned to ensure that residents receive a positive experience and to enable them to make the best out of their installation.
Unique Selling Points
- ISO9001 accredited
- SSIP – CHAS Accredited
- Excellent support network through Administration, Management, Consultants and Board of Directors
- Excellent control of the supply chain
- Excellent relationships with Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Up to date information available regarding new technologies and changes to the industry
- Deal directly with Manufacturers for major components including PV Panels and Inverters
- Expansive warehouse space enabling bulk purchasing
- In-house design team with training on PV-SOL and CAD
- In-house Compliance Manager ensuring personnel are competent and qualified to deliver the work
- Highly competent 150 + strong workforce including Contracts Manager, Solar Teams, Designers and Health & Safety personnel.
- Experience of delivering as a Principal Contractor and Sub-Contractor as part of a larger project.
- We can provide training to raise awareness of Solar PV to Social Housing Landlords personnel at all levels.
- Experience of submitting feed in tariff applications on behalf of Clients for individual properties and for multiple properties carried out at the same time.
- Experience of submitting ROOFIT Applications and Pre-Applications
- Latest up to date software for the purposes of design including PV-Sol and CAD